Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is often compared to chess – granted more painful. Here are a few of many lessons that apply to business and life from years of being an intermediate practitioner:
- When negotiating a difficult situation be mindful of and react to what actually “is”, instead of forcing what you want.
- Not everything that happens deserves a reaction or response. Advanced operators know which battles are worth the energy.
- If something you’re doing isn’t working, take inventory and utilize anything you’ve gained to try something else.
- Sometimes the best option is taking a step back to take multiple steps forward.
- It doesn’t matter what you know. It matters what you can do under pressure.
Shout out to Angelo Popofski, Brandon McDaniels, Josh Bagalay, Erik Paulson, Matt Thornton, and dozens of others who’ve led me.